Monday, March 4, 2013

Chapter 4 Notes


Prediction: I think George will leave Lennie. Crooks leads the reader to believe he will. I find it pretty ironic, because if he does leave Lennie, in the beginning of the book it says that he promised Aunt Clara he wouldn't. I think he'll take off with Candy. Lennie will stay at the ranch and become friends with Crooks.
 
Summarize: In chapter four, a new character, Crooks was introduced. Because he's colored, he has to live in the barn. He likes to keep his distance from people, but he lets Lennie in. They get into a conversation about how George may not come back. Then Curleys wife comes in, stirring up trouble, as usual. But soon after George does come back with the boys.
 
Question: Crooks like to keep his distance. I wonder if its because he's always by himself or because someone hurt him. I wonder what's going through Lennie's head when Crooks is saying how George may have left him. I wonder whats going through his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment